Tuesday, October 30, 2007

3 Cheers for Lane Bryant

First of all - to all my weight challenged friends - please read the comments left on the blog - the comments are priceless.

Okay - Lane Bryant
This afternoon I stopped by a Lane Bryant with a friend - and I must give credit where credit is due - they seem to only hire those people whom they are trying to sell to. There were no size 0-12 or even 14 today. The women working were women who would be able to wear the sizes that Lane Byrant sells. When I lived in Connecticut, I went to the Lane. Bryant in the Trumbull Mall and the women who worked there would not be able to fit into GAP clothing. Well the same thing in Florida, these girls could only wear what they sold and I think that is wonderful. Employ those people who your clientel can relate to.

I also have a suggestion to WW - hire those people who are "a work in progress". What I am trying to say is why do you always have to have WW leaders who stand up in front and say "Hi, my name is Skinny and I will be passing along my pictures when my name was Fatty and if I can do it so can you". Employee people who have reached their first 10% and are working towards their next 10% - have someone stand in front of you and say I am with you, I get weighed in the same time as you do, I go up & down with you, etc. Those people who say here I am, I am the example, I am where you want to be - you just want to smack them.

Peggy

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Did you see the new line of jeans that they have at Lane Bryant? They're color-coded and numbered from 1 up (so we can all kid ourselves). The color system is based on the kind of shape you have (big hips and small waist, or all your weight in your stomach, etc.) and they fit pretty well. Personally, I prefer my pants with the elastic waistbands that stretch with you - or "Buffet Pants" as I like to refer to them. Know what I mean?

michele said...

ok, so my woh is me is just not working, I am not any thinner today after I just have been feeling bad about myself and saying to myself I can eat anything. Maybe I really do need some help, but I just don't know what kind of help that is. WW, come on it is just a joke that I will sign up and again not follow program. I don't know what I need, but someone needs to get my but in gear and that person is ME. I cannot do this unless I really want to, somewhere in my head I do want to do this, but there is the other side of my head that says no you don't. Damn I hate that I am 2 people, can't Ijust be that one skinny person and be done with it. I have no motiviation. HELP>>