Saturday, October 27, 2007

Good or Bad - I'll decide for myself

Went to Red Lobster tonight - how did I do ?- well let's see
Rolls - no thank you; Salad - yes; Appetizer - yes; Main course - yes; dessert - no
Unbuttoned pants - no; Able to get in & out of booth - yes
Brought home 1/2 of appetizer
Let's review again - did not weigh food, did not count points, did not get it out of microwave cup; did not deprive myself. Left restaurant contented - no remorse or guilt. I think I did fantastic - I am 51 freaking years old - I know to stay away from fried foods and all those desserts and stuff and tonight I did just that - enjoyed a nice meal.
Will I get on the scale tomorrow - WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY? I am sure there was more sodium in my meal tonight than there is in a salt stick - I can wait until Tuesday.
Will I tell you what I weigh? Eventually - when I feel in my heart that I have some control over my weight. I never want to feel 100% in control because that is when I become lax and think I have overcome my obstacle.
In a world where the opportunity to control things is so limited, I can control my weight (with fingers, toes and eyes crossed).
This is just the beginning of my journey - wish me luck - I have extended my hand to all - let's share this journey.

Peggy

1 comment:

michele said...

ok red lobster, white women party of 4. Only you love that place, but hey, they have great chedder cheese biscuits and I think that if I really try, I could find it in some diet book that actually says its a dairy product.